50 Women of influence donate outfits and success tips at the Dress for Success Bubbles & Bargains event
Bondi shoppers are in for a treat on Sunday 15 March as hundreds of Sydney women will be buying stylish new and pre-loved outfits at the tri-annual Dress for Success Sydney (DfS Sydney) Bubbles and Bargains event, to raise money for women in need.
I suggest you get there early ladies because there will be bargains galore from designer outfits and plus size beauties to high street brands, bags, scarfs, accessories and more. I’m talking Prada, Oscar de La Renta, Armani ….the list goes on.
This fabulous event is held at Easts Bondi Leagues Club (93-97 Spring Street, Bondi Junction) from 10.00am – 3.00pm, the Bubbles event is one of the charity’s main fundraisers.
Megan Etheridge, founder of Dress for Success Sydney said, “With designer items flying off the racks for prices as low as $10, and a glass of bubbles at the door, those who attend are set for a great day of shopping, while giving back to those who need it most.”
This year adds a little something extra as the Bubbles event will also feature a Success Collection, which is made up of outfits and success tips from 50 women of influence including Cindy Hook –CEO of Deloitte, Pru Goward – NSW Minister for Women, Ann Sherry – CEO Carnival Australia, Naomi Simpson – Australian businesswoman and entrepreneur, Mia Freedman – businesswoman and blogger
The Charity’s last Bubbles and Bargains event in October raised $30,000 for women in need and attracted many new supporters to the charity.
Many supporters also make the decision to become a regular donor for around $15 a month for 12 months gives a woman in need a full outfit and job interview preparation.
Hope to see you there.
About Dress for Success Sydney
Dress for Success Sydney is a registered charity that outfits women in need free of charge, in high quality professional attire and provides practical advice in preparation for job interviews. Through its innovative, volunteer operated programs, Dress for Success Sydney improves the employability of women by increasing confidence and restoring dignity.
- Dress for Success Sydney has supported over 8,000 women in need since opening in 2009.
- Over 15% of its clients are under 20 and over 20% of Dress for Success Sydney clients are over 45.
- 11% of clients are indigenous.
- Many DfS clients have lived through tough times and have families to support -supporting clients supports the family as well.
- Dress for Success Sydney helps women across the state, not just Sydney, offering ‘pack and send’ support for regional areas as well as mobile dressing services.
- DfS Sydney helps women whose first priority is to integrate into the community, including those who have been in custody, through alignment with NSW Department of Corrective Services.
To follow us online visit
on twitter @Dress4SuccesSyd
Deb Carr is Editor of www.sydneychic.com.au and special blogger for I Love Bondi
Follow Deb on Twitter @DebCarrNetwork